Back on track.

A reflective thought for the holidays.

My mother always had this poem hanging in our home and on occasion I would Stop and read it and think about what I could do to better my life and those around me. Wherever and whenever in my life I read it, it always had had the same meaning but different inspirations and ideas. There are so many inspiring and uplifting stories and poems out there. But I wanted to share this one which has effected my life...

I promise its worth your time to read...

Compensation

I'd like to think when life is done
That I had filled a needed post
That here and there I'd paid my fare
With more than Idle Talk and Boast
That I had taken gifts divine,
The breath of life and manhood fine,
And tried to use them now and then
In service for my fellow men.

I'd hate to think when life is through
That I had lived my round of years
A useless kind, that leaves behind
No record in this vale of tears;
That I had wasted all my days
By treading only selfish ways,
And that this world would be the same
If it had never known my name.

I'd like to think that here and there,
When I am gone there shall remain
A happier spot that might have not
existed had I toiled for gain;
That some one's cheery voice and smile
Shall prove that I had been worth while;
That I had paid with something fine
My debt to God for life divine.

Love often and find joy in as much as you can!

Seeing things like this make me want to cry!
Is a dollar really that big of a deal?
It could be everything to them...



I cant fix all the problems in the world,
but my mother taught me to ask at the end of everyday

Have I effected somebody's life
for the better today?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Hits to our page!